Tuesday, January 24, 2012

San Francisco Treat






I had been in talks with a director friend of mine. He had come upon this composer who did an acoustic version of the old civil war song "Shenandoah". He said it in the breezy way one states something without much expectation you will know the reference.

I said, "Wait, Shenandoah, Shenandoah?"

"Well, yeah, I mean that's what it's called. Haha"

"It's an old river song? It's had many versions? Like one of my favorite songs I grew up listening to my dad sing? Like one of the songs that reminds me of my entire childhood?"

The original plan was to combine this old river song with his immense love of tug boats. We are both NY based so Hudson River was the target. One will find that renting out a tug boat is more difficult that you might think. When Alex found himself out in San Francisco producing a job, he also found himself among many tug boats and more importantly people who had contacts with the tug boaters. I got a call on a Tuesday and flew out on Thursday to the land of warmth and salty air. Here are a couple of footage stills:





Amidst the work we had a chance to have some dungeness crab (as it was THE season apparently!) and some delicious coffee and pastries at Caffe Trieste. I had time Saturday to venture around to a few recommended places: AndaluThe 500 Club, and a good thrift store I stumbled upon. It was 67 degrees and lovely. A beautiful sunrise on the water, good food, good director, good project. I was a happy camper.

Soon I will be able to post more details and the video! I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment