Friday, November 4, 2011

Mindless Behavior


Ray Ray
Princeton
Prodigy Prodigy Interview
I got to operate with my good friend Zachary Galler (we shot with my F3, rented a 2nd one and a set of Super Speeds) on these interviews/promo footage of Mindless Behavior: a cute, well-mannered boy band ala 21st century.  They really did seem genuinely enthusiastic about all of it and enjoyed hanging out with one another. They still seem grateful, talented and excited. It was fun watching them interact. And they really did talk about girls all the time.

Some sample lyrics from one of their hit songs:
Hey, my girl, my girl, she loves me. She hit me all the time, she be texting me. Hey, my girl, my girl, she loves me. She hit me all the time -

[Spoken:] Yo Prod, let ‘em know.

When I say hey, then you say what’s up? And I’ll be like baby, do you miss me? When you say yes, then I’ll say ditto. Then you hit me back, with the less than symbol number three.

I got a clue how you feel for me. 1-4-3 a smiley with a wink. That’s how you feel baby that’s what’s up. A hundred forty characters, is more than enough.”

The lyrics are what they are. By no means groundbreaking, but I guess I'm not their target audience either.. I suppose I feel like our parents felt when they heard “Shoop” for the first time? And anyone in my generation knows that song is the best. Just ask any of my friends that have been to karaoke with me. 

1 comment:

  1. Aww, those lyrics are hilarious. And Shoop is indeed the best song ever, but I don't think I've seen that video since middle school. It's awesome! Calisthenics on the beach? Dice-throwing? Super hot opportunities for ogling.

    ReplyDelete